Laredo Family Immigration Lawyers
When someone is seeking permanent residency in the United States, there are several paths they can take. One of those paths is through family connections.
Family ties have always been integral to American immigration law and can aid in acquiring a Permanent Resident Card. At Cardenas & Rodriguez, our Laredo family immigration lawyers are dedicated to helping families work through this often convoluted process and get the fair outcome they deserve. We serve immigrants throughout Webb and La Salle counties and in all of Texas.
We Fight for Families
Starting the documentation process soon is highly recommended. At Cardenas & Rodriguez, we offer comprehensive services that encompass handling all necessary documentation, preparing clients for the crucial interview stage, and ensuring their rights are safeguarded throughout the entire immigration process.
Call our office today at (956) 450-7951 or reach out here online to schedule a free consultation.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Applying for Family & Marriage Visas
Applying for a family or marriage visa can be a complex and overwhelming process. Many applicants make mistakes that can delay or even jeopardize their chances of obtaining a visa. Here are some common mistakes to avoid:
- Incorrect or incomplete documentation: Make sure you have all necessary documents and that they are filled out correctly and completely.
- Missing deadlines: Timeliness is crucial in the visa application process. Missing a deadline can result in delays or even denial of your application.
- Providing false information: Honesty is always the best policy. Providing false information can lead to serious consequences, including being banned from entering the United States.
- Not disclosing past criminal history: Failing to disclose past criminal history can result in denial of your visa application. Be honest and upfront about any criminal history.
- Not seeking legal advice: Immigration laws are complex and constantly changing. Consulting with an experienced immigration attorney can help you navigate the process and avoid costly mistakes.
At Cardenas & Rodriguez, our Laredo immigration attorneys have the knowledge and experience to help you navigate the family and marriage visa process. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discuss your immigration needs.
Benefits of Hiring an Immigration Attorney for Family & Marriage Visas
Applying for a family or marriage visa can be a complex process, involving numerous legal requirements and paperwork. That's why it's essential to have an experienced immigration attorney on your side to navigate the legal system and ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
Here are some of the key benefits of hiring an immigration attorney for your family or marriage visa:
- Expert guidance: An immigration attorney can provide you with expert guidance on the best course of action for your specific situation, including which visa type to apply for, the eligibility requirements, and how to prepare your application.
- Increased chances of success: An attorney can help you to avoid common mistakes and pitfalls that can lead to visa denials or delays, increasing your chances of success.
- Efficient processing: An experienced attorney can help you to navigate the paperwork and legal procedures involved in the visa application process, ensuring that your application is processed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Peace of mind: With an immigration attorney on your side, you can have peace of mind knowing that your case is in good hands and that you have the best possible chance of success.
At Cardenas & Rodriguez, our Laredo immigration attorneys have extensive experience in helping families and couples navigate the complex immigration system. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you bring your loved ones together.
“Couldn’t be happier, great law firm, and great service. Highly recommend them to anyone needing legal immigration services.”- Jocelyn A.
“The outcome was great since they were always planning ahead!!”- Google Reviewer
“They made us feel confident in a very stressful situation especially being miles away in a different state”- Maria A.
“I recommend this law firm and attorney Rodriguez 100%.”- Grecia B.
“She was very prompt to answering my emails. There wasn’t a thing that happened that she didn’t let us know before. We were never taken by surprise.”- Selina P.
“Our experience with the Cardenas/Rodriguez Law Firm was wonderful!”- Robert T.
“She is very dedicated to making sure her clients understand every step of the immigration process.”- Juan H.
“This Attorney and his entire team are so wonderfully professional.”- Osla L.
The Family-Based Immigration Process
Sponsorship involves a current permanent citizen or green card holder in the United States stepping forward to sponsor a new applicant. The sponsor assumes financial responsibility for the new arrival and must sign an affidavit of support, committing to this role for a span of ten years.
The sponsorship and affidavit of support are aimed at preventing newcomers from relying on government assistance and assure authorities that immigrants have a foundation upon which to establish their lives. In the event, an immigrant receives a green card but later requires public aid, the sponsor may be held responsible for repaying the appropriate government agency.
Contact our Laredo family immigration attorneys here online through our contact portal, or just give us a call at (956) 450-7951.
Getting a Visa Through Marriage
Immigrants can apply for a green card on the basis of being engaged or married to a permanent resident of the United States. There are different types of visas that can be sought in such situations, each with its own set of requirements and procedures.
The K-1 visa is an option for those who are marrying a U.S. citizen and want to come to the United States. To obtain this visa, the applicant must provide evidence of their engagement and demonstrate a genuine relationship with their future spouse.
Proof of engagement can be shown by providing a timeline of the couple's relationship, including email correspondence, date-stamped photographs, phone records, and any other relevant communication. If the couple has already begun planning their wedding, receipts for payments to vendors can also serve as supporting evidence of the engagement.
The K-1 visa allows the applicant to enter the United States for a period of 90 days, during which time they must get married and apply for an adjustment of status to become a permanent resident.
If the applicant has children, then they can also apply for a K-2 visa to bring their kids to the United States.
In some cases, the marriage may have taken place abroad, such as when military personnel are stationed overseas or when an international employee works abroad for an extended period. In these situations, the K-3 visa can be used to bring the new spouse home. The K-3 application requires proof of marriage and can take several months to process.
The process of applying for a fiancé visa can be complex and time-consuming, calling for careful attention to detail and thorough documentation. Seeking the guidance of an experienced Laredo immigration lawyer can give families their best chance at a successful outcome.
Call today at (956) 450-7951 or contact us online. We work with both English and Spanish-speaking communities and free consultations are available.