Skip to Content
Se Habla Español 956-450-7951
Adjustment of Status

Green Card Lawyer in Laredo, TX

Obtaining a green card can be a great boon for immigrants and their families. Also known as permanent residency status, a green card provides stability and the opportunity to establish roots while planning a future in the United States. Moreover, holding a green card is a significant milestone toward becoming a full-fledged U.S. citizen. Our knowledgeable Laredo green card lawyers can lead clients through this process. 

Immigrants throughout Webb County, La Salle County, and all of Texas can come to Cardenas & Rodriguez for the diligent legal work and passionate advocacy they need. 

Our Laredo Green Card Lawyers Can Help

The bilingual team at Cardenas & Rodriguez is dedicated to helping immigrants and their families get the help they need to build their lives in the United States. The green card is an essential part of that. 

Call us at (956) 450-7951 or reach out online today for a free consultation. 

Read Our Reviews

See How We've Represented Other People in Your Shoes
    “He made the whole immigration process easy. Mr.Cadenas and his staff know what they’re doing and bring excellent results”
    “Couldn’t be happier, great law firm, and great service. Highly recommend them to anyone needing legal immigration services.”
    - Jocelyn A.
    “I would recommend this law firm to anyone in need of a professional, dedicated, effective, and friendly law firm.”
    “The outcome was great since they were always planning ahead!!”
    - Google Reviewer
    “Best decision to have hired Mr. Cardenas to help our case.”
    “They made us feel confident in a very stressful situation especially being miles away in a different state”
    - Maria A.
    “She is very detailed and she is dedicated to making sure her clients understand every step of the immigration process”
    “I recommend this law firm and attorney Rodriguez 100%.”
    - Grecia B.
    “Ms. Rodriguez was always very patient with all the questions we had & she explained every single step of the process very clearly to us.”
    “She was very prompt to answering my emails. There wasn’t a thing that happened that she didn’t let us know before. We were never taken by surprise.”
    - Selina P.
    “The immigration process was very smooth thanks to all of them.”
    “Our experience with the Cardenas/Rodriguez Law Firm was wonderful!”
    - Robert T.
    “My experience with this law firm was great”
    “She is very dedicated to making sure her clients understand every step of the immigration process.”
    - Juan H.
    “He is the best. God bless you and your team.”
    “This Attorney and his entire team are so wonderfully professional.”
    - Osla L.

How To Get a Green Card for a Child

The U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) defines a “child" as an individual under 21 years of age. Parents with citizenship status may apply for a green card on their child's behalf. 

Parents who have completed the process of obtaining permanent residency are required to disclose any children on their application. However, approval of the parent's application does not automatically extend to their child, who still requires a separate application using the I-130 form.

The necessary documentation depends on whether the application is made by the mother or father. A mother only needs to provide the child's birth certificate as evidence of parentage. 

In contrast, the father needs the child's birth certificate and proof of paternity, such as a marriage certificate to the child's mother. Supporting documents are necessary if the marriage ended due to death, divorce, or annulment. Fathers who were not previously married to the child's mother can provide paperwork from their country of origin that establishes paternity. Our knowledgeable Laredo green card attorneys can advise on the types of documentation required. 

How to a Green Card for Your Parents

To apply for permanent residency on behalf of their parents, an individual must be at least 21 years old. They can also use the I-130 form and should gather the following documents: 

• Proof of their own U.S. citizenship.
• Proof that their parents are indeed their parents.
• Evidence of their financial capability to support their parents. 

USCIS typically requires that those who apply on their parents' behalf have an income that exceeds 125% of the poverty line. Applying for a green card on behalf of a parent or child can be a lengthy process, and applicants should be prepared for a waiting period of one to two years between application and approval.

Call our office at (956) 450-7951 or contact us online today and let’s set up a free consultation. 

Contact Us Today

We’re Ready to Represent You
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy
  • Every Case Prepared for Trial
    From beginning to end, we always help our clients prepare to win.
  • Offering 100% Free Consults
    Learn how our immigration lawyers can help during a free consult.
  • Hablamos Español
    Immigration help provided by a Spanish-speaking team.